1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (will also work with regular plain yogurt)
3/4 cup 1% milk
1 whole large egg
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup Strawberry Basil Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12 regular-sized muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, milk, egg, and lemon peel. Add this mixture to the flour mixture along with the melted butter. Stir just to combine; do not over mix.
- Split the mixture evenly and add Strawberry Basil Sauce to one half. Fill muffin cups half full with the plain mixture and half full with the Strawberry Basil Sauce mixture. Swirl mixture together with a knife.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan and let cool on wire rack.
Yield: 12 muffins
Serving Size: 1 muffin