3/4 pound (12 ounce) loaf ciabatta bread (I used LaBrea Bakery)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1/4 cup chopped green onions (white part only)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a cookie sheet with a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Cut the ciabatta loaf in half lengthwise (you'll have 2 long pieces of bread).
- In a food processor, combine the cheese and butter; process until smooth. Add the green onions, garlic, salt, and pepper, and pulse until combined with cheese mixture.
- Spread the cheese mixture on the cut sides of the bread. Place on the prepared baking sheet and then put baking sheet on the center rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese mixture is golden. Cut each bread half into 6 pieces using a serrated knife.
Yield: 12 slices
Serving Size: 1 slice