1/4 cup ground chia seeds (about 2 tablespoons whole)
1 cup water
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup gluten-free flour (I used King Arthur Glutenfree Multi-Purpose Flour)
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan with wax paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chia seeds and water. Let sit for a few minutes or until water is absorbed. Add canola oil, brown sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla extract, stirring to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, and salt. Gradually incorporate this mixture into the wet mixture until combined.
- Dump mixture into prepared pan and lightly press into one even layer. Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool thoroughly. Turn pan over onto a cutting board and it should come out as one large rectangular piece. Remove wax paper and cut into rectangular bars about 4 1/4-inches long by 1 1/2-inches wide.
Yield: 16 bars
Serving Size: 1 bar
Allergen Info: contains peanuts