People often find themselves eating for lots of reasons besides the physical need (e.g., someone brought goodies to work, you're at a holiday party, someone else is eating, you're bored, you're sad, you're happy) and the holiday season is no exception. Therefore, it's a good idea to slow down and think a little more about why you want to eat before you do it. The majority of the time (say 80%), try to eat because you're physically hungry and select foods that are not only tasty but also good for you. The other 20% of the time, you can be a bit more relaxed and have a treat for the enjoyment of the food or because it's special to the season. You'll feel good that you're keeping up your healthy eating habits while not feeling deprived.
Written by Michelle Baglio of Optimal Nutrition and Health. The information contained in this post is provided for educational purposes only with the understanding that Optimal Nutrition and Health makes no warranties, either expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of the information. Readers are advised not to use information in this post or others found on this website for the treatment or prevention of disease, and it should not be used in place of medical treatment or advice. Please do not reprint this post for distribution without my permission. To feature on your website or social media, please link to this post as the original source.